I doubt if anyone needs be told that the ObamaCare bill passed the House with a slim vote because not one Republican representative voted for it, and of course, it passed the Senate. Thirty-four Democrats voted Nay, and should be remembered by the voters. All others in the House and Senate, who voted Yea, need to be tagged for removal by the voters of America. Of course, the damage is already done. By the time the bill can be considered to be rescinded or annulled, it will have already be in place with government agencies established in order to ensure complacency, which in turn will increase the size and scope of government.
Freedom dies a little bit today.
It will be more than a little bit with government now that has gotten their hands onto 17% of the US economy after already performing a coup in the private sector of energy, auto industry, banking and financial institutions. Freedom died a little when income tax and social security was enacted by the FDR administration – today it has reached alarming proportions.
Today, this body, this institution, enshrined in the first article of the Constitution by our Founding Fathers as a sign of the importance they placed on this House, should be looking with pride on this legislation and our work. But this is not so. … We have failed to listen to America. And we have failed to reflect the will of our constituents. … And look how this bill was written. Can you say it was done openly, with transparency and accountability, without backroom deals struck behind closed doors, hidden from the people? Hell no you can’t! … When we came here, we each swore an oath to uphold and abide by the Constitution as representatives of the people. But the process here is broken. The institution is broken. … In this time of recession, they wanted us to focus on jobs, not more spending, not more government, and certainly not more taxes. What they see today frightens them. They’re frightened because they don’t know what comes next. … And they are angry. They are angry that no matter how they engage in this debate, this body moves forward against their will. Shame on us. Shame on this body. … We break the ties of history in this chamber. We break our trust with Americans. … If we pass this bill, there will be no turning back. It will be the last straw for the American people. And in a democracy, you can only ignore the will of the people for so long and get away with it. …
It is great humility and with great pride [*] that we tonight will make history for our country and progress for the American people. Just think – we will be joining those who established Social Security, Medicare, and now tonight health care for all Americans. [†]
She goes on to profane the name of our founders and dares to mention the Declaration of Independence
, and did not mention the Constitution, which I hardly think she fully understands either. So let’s post a portion of that declaration just for her as a forewarning to the modern-day tyrants putrefying our nation’s capitol and state governments:
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them … We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights … deriving their powers from the consent of the governed … Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes … But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies …
And such has been the patient sufferance of the American people, tired of being told how to live, what to say and how to raise our children by the minority members of our society.
Nancy Pelosi admitted in her House speech that
this legislation tonight, If I had one word to describe it would be ‘opportunity,’ …
Yes, opportunity to further the stranglehold of Marxism within our government and society, to further the increase in size, scope and intrusion upon We the People.
Here is what is in store for Americans when President Barack Hussein Obama, a foreigner not just in name, but birth right, signs this onerous bill that mocks constitutional law and furthers the agenda of the Democratic Party that pretends to be For the People:
● Seniors will be eligible for rebates to help reduce prescriptions, but at the same time their Medicare benefits will be reduced/changed.
● In six months, no insurance company can drop you if you get sick.
● No insurance company can limit the amount of coverage you get.
● Your children can stay on your insurance until they are 26 years of age.
● No insurance company can refuse to insure your child because of a pre-existing condition, and in four years from enactment, no adult need worry about pre-existing conditions.
● All uninsured Americans will obtain coverage or will be fined.
● American citizens will be paying for abortions of other citizens.
● It won’t matter if someone is not a citizen, they will be ensured as well. Page 50 Section 152 in HC bill: HC will be provided to ALL non-US citizens, illegal or otherwise. (Did anyone notice that citizenship was not part of the questionnaire of the 2010 Census?)
● Page 59, lines 21-24: Government will have access for elective fund transfers.
● Page 65, Section 164: Unions and community organizations will have special subsidies.
● Page 85, Section 203: Government will specify benefit levels for healthcare plans – called rationing.
And here are more details:
● Page 22 of the HC Bill: Mandates that the Govt will audit books of all employers that self-insure.
● Page 30 Sec 123 of HC bill: THERE WILL BE A GOVT COMMITTEE that decides what treatments/benefits you get.
● Page 29 lines 4-16 in the HC bill: Health care rationed.
● Page 95, Lines 4-7: Government will mandate bilingual appropriate services – which mean illegal aliens who refuse to learn English will be provided interpreters so they can receive government services.
● Page 124, lines 24-25: No company or corporation can sue the government for price fixing. Although price fixing is illegal for private sector, it is okay for government; you know, like gambling is illegal unless government does it or is in charge (lottery). No judicial review of the healthcare program can occur in regards to the government monopoly of healthcare.
● Page 145, line 15-17: No choice on public option plan.
● Page 126, lines 22-25: Employers must pay healthcare for part-time employees and their families.
● Page 149, Lines 16-24: Any employer with payroll 401K and above who does not provide public option will pay an 8% tax on all payrolls. The stepped tax continues on page 150.
● Page 167, lines 18-23: Any individual who doesn’t have acceptable healthcare according to government mandates will be taxed 2.5% extra on their income tax.
● Page 170, lines 1-3: Any nonresident alien is exempt from individual taxes.
● Page 195: Government administration will have access to all citizen finance and personal records. (Now you know why the income tax system is intrusive and opened the door to this).
The news media calls this event historical
, but I don’t think they fully realize what the results of this unconstitutional legislation will really have. I guess that could be called historical in the context of the American Revolution
I don’t know what course Americans consider taking, but when the shock of Congress passing a bill that the majority does not want; as well as once the impact of how this affects Americans and they realize that health care will cost even more than what they complained about previously – reasoning is going to turn to resentment and resentment is going to turn to anger, and if the proper changes are not made at the voting booth – I dare not imagine what will happen next.
I think Ms. Pelosi and all of her counterparts in Congress and the White House should consider those words in the Declaration of Independence that they have blindly waved before us, We the People, the ones they choose to ignore for our own betterment.
Here is an example of a citizen who is a big fan of Obama and Big Government and backs a bill he admits he NEVER read
. Pay particular attention to Rudolph’s comments.
God save America from itself.
How can one be humble
at the same time? Isn’t America sick of the hypocritical nonsense that comes from those plastic surgery lips?
Yes, you are continuing the march to Marxism that FDR so admired, further strengthening unions and establishing a parasitic government that will end up destroying its host. You should be SO proud, Pelosi.