- Insist that citizens do not have the right to bear arms and defend themselves against violent criminals and persons with lethal intent; yet blames firearm ownership of instigating the type of mentally unbalanced person or persons who commit crimes like in Aurora, Colorado and Newton, Connecticut – and other recent similar incidents. They believe that only law enforcement (and military) should own certain weapons they designate, when in fact that law enforcement officers usually show up after the dirty deed is committed. Senator Feinstein’s list of proposed banned firearms (and her bill itself) is based upon her screening photos of different firearms legally for sale and how “dangerous” they look. A musket is dangerous if not handled properly or used lawfully. In addition, because of firearm design changes over the history of the United States (and world), anti-firearm activists actually believe that the Second Amendment only pertains to muzzle-loading firearms used in the period.
- Christian owned companies, like Hobby Lobby and Mardel religious books are being forced by the federal government to provide health care that requires employee health-care plans to provide insurance coverage for the morning-after pill and similar emergency contraception pills. Our society has allowed the election of politicians who appoint judges and justices who do not uphold the Constitution and its amendments, in this case, specifically, the First Amendment religious rights to exercise beliefs and doctrine of religions. The Supreme Court ruled on December 28th in the Hobby Lobby and sister-company Mardel that they must provide employees with access to copay-free contraception as part of its health-care plan. Hobby Lobby is willing to pay a million dollars a day in defiance by declaring civil disobedience for religious liberty. As represented by the majority vote to keep President Obama in office, along with his political colleagues, who suppress rights of many for the rights of a few – disregard constitutional law in just mandating such laws, and have transgressed against their oaths of office in both the Supreme Court, the executive branch (president) and the legislative branch (Congress). The people by majority of vote in election 2012 have agreed to this unconstitutional policy and behavior of this administration and this Congress.
- On December 28th, Justice Sonia Sotomayor, who was condemned for being an activist and prejudice towards matters concerning Hispanic radical organizations and not conforming to constitutional law, denied the Hobby Lobby and Mardel religious book company a request for an injunction while their lawsuit is pending. She stated that the stores failed to satisfy the demanding legal standard for blocking the requirement on an emergency basis – despite the mandate obviously being unconstitutional and against the First Amendment. Sotomayor stated that the companies may still challenge the regulations in the lower courts. US District Judge Joe Heaton stated that churches and other religious organizations have been granted constitutional protection from birth-control provisions but that Hobby Lobby and Mardel are not religious organizations” – despite being owned by Christians who are exercising their religious beliefs. Judge Heaton’s ruling claims that individuals are not authorized exercising religious beliefs, only religious organizations. The First Amendment disagrees. Individuals own Hobby Lobby and similar businesses, and it is their right not to conform to unconstitutional mandates. Government controlled health care in itself is unconstitutional.
The majority, according to Election 2012, agrees that increasing taxes on the wealthy, now approaching 50%, is the solution for diminishing the national debt, when it is reckless SPENDING that has caused it. The majority of our society now believe after years of rhetoric from the Democrat Party and socialist organizations that the wealthy must pay for their income distribution policies and programs. On the percentage basis of the tax system the wealthy automatically pay more in dollars, however, if the issue is about how much the wealthy pay, then it is time to get rid of deductions within the income tax system – not have a progressive tax or increase taxes upon a portion of Americans who make a definitive amount yearly. An example of wasting tax payer dollars, in recent news, CNS News reported that the Labor Secretary, Hilda Solis, has announced a $2.2 million grant to be used in strengthening budding labor unions in Haiti and Peru. …
The taxpayer money will fund projects organized by the AFL-CIO’s Solidarity Center, which aims to build a global labor union movement.
…grant will help organizations in Haiti and Peru engage in productive, effective negotiations and employers on behalf of vulnerable workers.
- The decline of the American family has greatly caused the decline of American society, and in turn, advocates or produces candidates for public office who have reduced family values and civic-moral obligations towards the Constitution of the United States. It is proportionate to the rate of illegitimacy, which in turn government promotes mass infanticide in its abortion program, divorce, and unmarried couple households that do not adhere to the principles of responsible parenthood as well as producing generations of those who know nothing but a dysfunctional family environment and no responsible role model to follow. A weak family unit will cause the decline in established traditions and social conduct, weakening society and, in turn, weakening the nation as a unified people. In addition, the poverty level illustrates the decline of the family and increase in single-parent families facing financial difficulties in an economic environment caused by a government that has gone beyond constitutional limits established and have promoted, through social programs and social engineering programs, failing in their social experimentation. With poverty, crime increases. Families that stay together, linking marriage and a two-parent family nucleus is more healthy than divorced and single-parent households. A study by the Columbia University shows that single-parent households have a higher fatality rate than traditional two-parent households. Laws through intrusive legislation has created an atmosphere or attitude toward marriage in general as negative, and promoting divorce as primary solutions to marital issues. Problems of child abuse happen more frequently in single-parent households than the traditional married two-parent household. Step-parent abuse is also more frequent than traditional family nucleus in studies within the United States as well as Canada and the United Kingdom. The psychological health of children is reduced by dysfunctional family units reported in studies dating from 1990 and beyond. The factor of suicide rates also are affected in divorced families and dysfunctional home environments. The importance of fathers in a household has been shown to be a strong point in any society. Researchers have found that just like mothers, fathers make major contributions to a child’s development. Households with fathers are also less likely to experience juvenile criminal behavior. The family crises focuses upon lack of fatherhood, and the American society’s failures focus upon the strength of the family nucleus, and ultimately, individuals from that society are elected into office at local, state, and federal levels – thus the government cannot reform without society reforming with it. In order to do so, Americans must insist that our government return to the established constitutional republic created by the founders; as well as return the importance of strong family units, responsible role models for children, and a functional atmosphere that is strengthened by the importance of character and values that constitute a healthy and established society. The decline of America in many factors is the result of the declining family – that contributes to society and the maintenance of a government. For example, in recent mass murder tragedies, the problem solving issues are focused upon firearms, when in fact, it is society that requires to be examined carefully and Americans unite in order to improve it – raising generations to have values, a code of principles, and respect and maintain constitutional law.
- Too many people in American society denounce capital punishment for capital crimes, but at the same time complain about overcrowding prisons, and yet agree that government should continue to encourage and maintain alarming abortion rates caused by a declination of American society in several ways, as well as increased control over children in their education and standards of living life. It is a society that states it is okay to murder pre-born infants by tens of thousands because it is the right of the mother to control or do whatever to her body. At the same time, these people deny the right of citizens to purchase tobacco products without paying 100% tax rates (should be no higher than any sales tax rate anywhere), and insist they cannot exercise their rights in private businesses that has no smoking restrictions or even, in a recent case within one’s own private home and property. Meanwhile, alcohol remains a problem concerning alcoholism and drunk driving; yet we know what prohibition does because we have been through it before. These are issues for the society to address – not government. Invariably, government messes things up because it looks upon the issue from a collective frame of mind rather than individually, just as individual freedom has been established by the amendments to the US Constitution.