- Today is Washington’s Birthday. I know, in calendars and in the media, it is erroneously called President’s Day. Washington’s Birthday is an official holiday and by law, not President’s Day – celebrating our first President of the United States. Read Washington’s Five Important Warnings to Congress.
The value of liberty was thus enhanced in our estimation by the difficulty of its attainment, and the worth of characters appreciated by the trial of adversity.
- Jill Stanek, LifeNews – read the story of how a child was molested for years until the stepfather was finally brought to justice after impregnating her TWICE. The victim decided to keep the second child and she tells why. Moving and inspirational for any female with such a predicament. Most importantly, the story ends well.
- James H. Lilley, Patriot Post Grassroots – Does registration and confiscation of firearms actually deter crime? The worst crime rates are in cities and states that do not allow citizens to defend themselves. Isn’t it time to put the progressives in their place? Where are the Republicans who are supposed to be “conservative”, fighting back against the rhetoric of calling firearm owners and constitutionalists racist? Read the post by Mr. Lilley.
- Scott Treichler, Patriot Post Grassroots – If lawful citizens are not allowed an AR-15, neither should law enforcement and government agents. At the same time that this unconstitutional government (federal and some states) are contemplating banning and confiscation, the DHS is stocking up on a huge amount of ammunition. If that does not tell you what the agenda for the future is, nothing will convince you.
President Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933) – president blamed for the Great Depression stated:
Governments do not make ideals, but ideals make governments. This is both historically and logically true. Of course, the government can help to sustain ideals and can create institutions through which they can be the better observed, but their source by their very nature is in the people. … It is not the enactment, but the observance of laws, that creates the character of a nation.
- Frank J. Fleming – Right now, politicians have the power to suddenly decide to tax us all at 100% and then spend the money replacing all of our roads with a high-speed rail system. What keeps them from doing that? Common sense? Come on, look at the morons we have in government — Congress is filled with idiots who couldn’t run a lemonade stand and who have grand visions to transform the nation. No, the only thing stopping them is that they’re divided into two parties who viscerally hate each other.
- Arianna Huffington – read how she screwed over people who were with her when she founded the Huffington Post. Read how a person born and raised in a socialist nation, comes to America, first as a Democrat supporter, then a Republican, and back again to Democrats and her starry-eyed views of BH Obama and company.
- Remember what Obama stated in his Second Inaugural address: (1) Together, we determined that a modern economy requires railroads and highways to speed travel and commerce; schools and colleges to train our workers. (2) Together, we discovered that a free market only thrives when there are rules to ensure competition and fair play. (3) Together, we resolved that a great nation must care for the vulnerable, and protect its people from life’s worst hazards and misfortune. Obama and associates wants government to assign and control all facets of the life of citizens, from “cradle-to-grave” system where citizens end up dependent upon government “entitlements” and eventually loses all freedoms, except for those who operate our government and their appointed officials. Today on Washington’s Birthday, it is important that fellow citizens realize how far away we have turned from constitutional law, and the immediate and present danger of what is occurring now and near future.