– Fairfax, Virginia – On April 8th, 2013, PoliceOne, an online law enforcement magazine blew the Obama and company’s claim that most of the law enforcement officers across the nation were in favor of the Manchin-Toomey-Schumer Senate bill [S.22] that did not achieve majority votes to pass. The law enforcement website did this with a Gun Policy & Law Enforcement Survey conducted between March 4th and March 13th, 2013. Verified police professionals of different ranks and department sizes responded with a total of 15,595 filling out the survey, either currently active officers [76.2%] or retired officers [18.7%] with 5.2% neither active or retired. The department sizes ran from 1-25 personnel [18.1%] to over 1000 [19.3%]. It shows that law enforcement officers do not support President Obama’s gun control agenda or that of his political associates like Feinstein, Boxer, Menendez, Coons, Cardin, Blumenthal, Gillibrand, Wyden, Reed, Carper, Schumer, Cardin, and Mr. Whitehouse whose constituents need to replace in the next election. It was named the Gun Show Background Check Act of 2013 that required registration of Gun Show Promoters with the Attorney General [“Fast-N-Furious”] and included background checks [only criminal background, mental health not included] and would have made it illegal to transfer a firearm to a family member. [Sec. 932]
– Also S.691, High-Capacity Ammunition Magazine Ban of 2013 related to H.R.138, H.R.437, S.33, and S.150; with 23 cosponsors is dead in the water, but not officially dead in committee. The bill’s sponsor [introduced by] was Senator Frank R. Lautenberg, New Jersey. The bill that was to ban certain firearms is S.150, Assault Weapons Ban of 2013. Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar (No. 27) on March 14th, 2013.
– In the House, H.R.1474, Undetectable Firearms Modernization Act intends to reauthorize the ban on undetectable firearms and to extend the ban to undetectable firearm receivers and undetectable ammunition magazines, which would lead to magazine requiring registration and limit firearm rebuilding and customization. It was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary on April 10th, 2013. Basically it will outlaw producing unregistered firearm components for firearms that have been banned by the federal government [or intend to like the Senate bill]. Gunsmiths sometimes manufacture parts for customizations; however, they are required to stamp a serial number on the lower receiver and register it as a rifle. Therefore, the bill is nothing but a duplicate of a law already in place with added items to meet with proposed firearm and magazine ban bills introduced this year. There are 27,000+ federal laws and regulations recorded. In any given month, there are at least twenty bills pushed through. It is a habit of the Congress in both Senate and House that everything must be legislated, many of them not complying with the limitation of powers set by the US Constitution. Some are just frivolous bills like Condemning the horrific attacks in Boston, Massachusetts or Whereas the people of Israel have established a vibrant, pluralistic, democratic political system … or Recognizing the 192nd anniversary of the independence of Greece and celebrating democracy in Greece and the United States [knowing full well Greece is a socialist state].
Fairness bills like Making minority party appointments for the 113th Congress.
Useless bills like American Job Protection Act.
Bills that should have been passed more than five years ago: To approve the Keystone XL Pipeline and Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States relative to limiting the number of terms that a Member of Congress may serve or Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States relative to balancing the budget or Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2013.
Bills that probably will not work or do anything useful, like Amending title 36, United States Code, to designate July 26 as United States Intelligence Professionals Day.
Instead of passing legislation creating a new tax system, eliminating income tax and the IRS, bills are proposed like: End Wasteful Tax Loopholes Act.
Most of these bills will not make it past committee. Congress needs to focus upon legislative reform and scouring previous legislation that can be updated, changed to be constitutional, or rescinded; and once that is accomplished ensure that future bills are not rushed and properly oversighted.
Bills that are either too costly or will do nothing but create more intrusion upon the private sector and not within constitutional limitations of power of the federal government:
Grow America Act of 2012 [S. 2199]
Jobs Creation Act [S. 1960]
American Jobs Act of 2011 [H.R. 12]
The only way government creates jobs is to increase its bureaucracy and hire citizens to work directly for the government. Government would benefit the job situation by stop legislating private sector to death, which increases cost, which then reduces success of business and reduces employment. The draconian tax system does not help either.
– To demonstrate what is priorities in the US Congress, the Fair Tax Act, to replace the intrusive, complicated, and unfair income tax died every year in Congress since Rep. John Linder of Georgia first introduced it about ten years ago. It died and never reached committee in 2009, 2010, and 2011-2012. GW Bush and now BH Obama – both serving two terms, ignored it. Since Rep. Linder has retired from political office, Rep. Rob Woodall of Georgia has kept it alive as H.R. 25, Fair Tax Act of 2013. Congress is busily seeking to disarm lawful citizens through consecutive legislation that counters the Second Amendment rights, it has failed a key item that would help improve the economic recovery AND create jobs instead of killing them. The bill, according to GovTrack, has a 1% chance to get past committee and 0% chance of being enacted. There are 63 cosponsors, more than any other bill – but it always gets stuck in the House Ways and Means Committee. If your representative is not listed as a cosponsor for H.R. 25, you need to convince him/her that it is time to rid Americans of income tax and the IRS. It has been ignored because it would require repeal of an established tax system; reduce power over the people, and the complications of getting an amendment to make consumption tax replace the 16th Amendment that should never have passed because of the 1911 decision against it simultaneously. It is just too much work for members of Congress, despite being what they are paid to do. Imagine:
- Without the illegal powers of the IRS – taking away everything you own before found guilty in a legal court system.
- A government who does not pry into or commandeer what you earn for a living.
- A tax system that is a flat tax [23% proposed] and everyone pays the same rate, yet those who fall into low-income levels will get a rebate check from Uncle Sam every month or every quarter. Purchases like personal dwellings and food will not be taxable.
- A tax system that requires little paperwork and doesn’t cost millions and billions of dollars to comply with – which means your employer would be able to afford better, more affordable, benefit packages for its employers – like health care. Paperwork will only concern retailers who impose the consumption tax with far less paperwork; and NO deductions, which means everyone pays the same rate. Wealthy people make more expensive purchases and buy more, so they automatically pay more – and low-income folks get a rebate check from Uncle Sam.
- What you earn is yours, no net paychecks after taxes except for paid-by-citizens programs like Social Security and Medicare.
Make April 15th just another day, and keep the government from stealing from your earned income. Leading economists have concluded that the Fair Tax, consumption flat tax [can only be changed by two-thirds vote by Congress] will benefit citizens and government alike. As JFK and Ronald Reagan administrations proved, reduction of taxes to a reasonable rate has always benefitted the government as well as the people because the amount the government receives always increases. Congress will be more inclined to budget more responsibly. As the bill’s goal/title states:
To promote freedom, fairness, and economic opportunity by repealing the income tax and other taxes, abolishing the Internal Revenue Service, and enacting a national sales tax to be administered primarily by the States.
If you want to see US America get back into shape and become a great nation once again, hound those politicians in Congress until they cooperate and if they do not do so quickly, vote them out. It is far past time that they earn their salaries and honor their oaths of office. The Senate must be more scrutinizing when it comes to choices of justices for the US Supreme Court – an important element of the check-and-balance system of a constitutional republic.
Save the Republic, start voting responsibly [not loyal to any political club (party)] and vote for constitutionalists, men and women who seek to be good statesmen and stateswomen.
Let us unite as individual and independent Americans watching out for each other, standing for the true principles of the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights with the sentiments and goals of the Declaration of Independence. Do not allow tyrants, subversive organizations divide us – if we are legal citizens, we are ALL Americans, no matter race, creed, religion, gender, or age; with one major thing in common: the Constitution of the United States. The Constitution is the property and foundation of our government and We the People, it is the rule of law, and what makes us a Republic and not a democracy or democratic-socialist nanny state. Allow no one to use our tolerance against us, whether it is foreign or domestic elements. It is time to rid the United States of subversive elements that would have us follow the failures of other nations.
It is time to let politicians know that no issue was ever solved by making the same mistakes repeatedly, camouflaged with different names/identities. Make politicians admit there IS a problem and they are the key element of the issue and solving it. Let them know that government is there for the People, not special interest groups or corporate lobbied power struggles.
– JUST IN: Obama has authorized through Human Health Services a $20 million contract for a PR firm to promote his health care [ObamaCare]. No wonder America is going bankrupt. This is the second firm. Of course, the firm winning the contract has previous association with Obama and company.