– What can one say about Americans who support legislation against the Second Amendment AND the First Amendment – the same people who say it is a First Amendment right to burn the United States flag in protest as part of freedom of speech? ABC News …
A West Virginia teen arrested and accused of nearly inciting a riot after a confrontation with a teacher over his National Rifle Association t-shirt has inspired dozens of students across his county to wear similar apparel in solidarity. …Marcum had been wearing the shirt without causing any problems from homeroom at the beginning of the school day through fifth period, and was confronted by one of the school’s teachers while getting his lunch. When Jared refused to remove or reverse the shirt, the teacher began to raise his voice, and it caught the attention of students eating their lunch… Marcum was eventually arrested and taken away by police after refusing to remove the shirt. White said that when police told the teen they were going to arrest him, he stuck his hands out and said, “Fine.” … Logan City Police Chief E.K. Harper told ABCNews.com that Marcum was not arrested for wearing a t-shirt, but for “disrupting the school process.”
Big Brother collective government has long been infiltrating our school system especially since the NEA/trade union subversion took place. The same people who promote restricted dress codes in educational institutions are against school uniforms where everyone dresses alike – then there is no fashion statement to be made, and students are not harassed for what they wear or can afford to wear. Then they wonder why more parents are choosing either private schools or homeschooling as an alternative to Big Government institutions.
– The Senate could not pass their anti-Second Amendment bill, so the congressional body goes after the Internet. The Senate voted 74 to 20 to begin debating the bill and some believe it will receive a passing vote by this week. It has to do with taxing Internet businesses according to what state the business is in, raising an additional $11 billion and hurting small business. Most states have been receiving taxes online already. This bill counters the 1992 Supreme Court ruling that Internet and catalog retailers do not have to charge a local sales tax to customers – buyers are supposed to pay tax directly to the state. Most people are not aware of this or just refuse to pay when they file their state tax returns. Since our state raised state fees 38% when Governor Doyle started his second term – they get enough money. It is all about “fairness” – but what the real issue is how much can the government, state and federal, squeeze out of our pockets without budgeting responsibly. If they were concerned about “fairness” the Senate would be passing the Fair Tax Act where taxes could not be raised beyond a prescribed flat tax without two-thirds majority. The bill is called The Marketplace Fairness Act. It is not a tax of fairness because big online companies will squeeze out smaller competitors who operate by volume and easily handle collecting taxes with purchase. Oddly, Amazon is in favor of the bill.
The Securities Industry and Financial Markets are worried this will open to allowing states to collect taxes on out-of-state activities, including legal or financial services. There are no bounds for big-government greed. Increasing or creating new taxes has always been the answer to overspending in state and federal governments.
People say that this senate bill will likely pass – but once again the Constitution is ignored, for Article I, Section 7 of the US Constitution clearly states:
All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.
– Instead of what the Congress wants to do with the background check system, Congress should support the NICS Reporting Improvement Act of 2103. This bill will actually improve background checks unlike the so-called “universal background check” proposal. The bill clearly defines who is a danger to themselves and others and should not have access to firearms. However, it lacks one important thing. If anyone is placed upon the NICS “no firearm allowed” list, there is no way one can contest it and have it removed – like the federal terrorist suspect list. This means it is a severe violation of the Bill of Rights. For example, you go to your doctor for a checkup, and after a conversation that clearly shows he is anti-firearm, he uses his medical authority to have a mental evaluation performed. In several cases, just having that evaluation disqualifies an individual to purchase a firearm. Big Government always finds alternate ways to get around constitutional law when they are determined to achieve their goals and agenda.
Additionally, America’s veterans should not be deprived of their Second Amendment rights based on any administrative findings, which has been surfacing recently. They were good enough to serve in harm’s way and kill for the government, but not good enough to defend themselves once they return to private life. They are more qualified to operate firearms than any other citizen because of their extensive training.
In view of the fact, the bill has taken an important step by reinstatement of gun ownership rights through judicial action or administrative processes at either the state or federal level. This is important so the NICS system cannot be abused or used to counter the rights of citizens. Please contact your representative and senator and tell them that this bill is important and will respond to the issue today where those who have deemed to be mentally unstable will not be allowed to purchase or own firearms. One final thought for this legislative process. Firearms are expensive and an investment. If a person becomes legally disqualified to own or purchase firearms, they must be afforded the chance to sell their firearms to someone qualified to get a return on that investment, rather than the government confiscating those firearms without any compensation that is found in property rights clause of the US Constitution. Even if the government pays fair market price, they can sell those firearms in public auction to return money paid. This IS fairness, not what the sociocrats think “fairness” is.
Along with this bill, our judicial system must reform to where mentally unstable people are prosecuted to the full extent of the law and stop the practice of not being put under trial because of mental instability. It is ridiculous. The person who committed the violent act has to be unstable, temporary or otherwise – so that argument is moot. This action is often used by the defending attorney of people like the Colorado theater shooter.
– In a demonstration of clear racism, The Blaze reports:
Ms. Wright was a counselor at Andrew Jackson Middle School in Grand Prairie ISD. That was until the district announced that she has been “immediately relieved of all duties.” The action was reportedly taken after an offensive remark written from her Facebook page (now removed from the web) was posted on WFAA-TV’s Facebook page. The statement in question referenced to the tragedy in West, Texas.
Here is what she posted on Facebook [since removed]:
Its amazing how the “whites” get angry when Obama speaks. Oh well … its most of the whites who is getting blown away. So they will soon be wiped from earth. Lol
Imagine, if you will, that a “white” person had said that against other races of people who had died or were injured in a horrible accident? Notice that THIS did not make headline news via corporate media – but it sure would have it the shoe had been on the other foot. It is wrong for anyone stating such a thing.
There are many concrete issues with President Obama, much of them having to do with constitutional law. So, is it racism to speak up because of this president’s race? The race card is the most despicable tool in our society and politics one could ever devise.
This is an example of why racism has not disappeared from our society. The very people, who constantly cry out racism, in most cases preposterous accusations, are those who are most guilty of it. Black Americans have more opportunities than ever before, yet still have not gotten over past issues. If a wound is to heal, it cannot be constantly reopened. The solution is that We the People need to quit segregating ourselves by states we live in, ethnic/racial groups, or whatever and look at ourselves as citizens united under the protection of rights and liberties as individuals [not a collective hive] of the US Constitution. We should all have the common bond of wanting to work for and maintain the best life we can for ourselves and our families; as well as taking care of each other within the community, rather than relying upon the inefficient and corruptive politicians in government. Big Government wants Americans to be divided; it is a tool of how they obtain power over the people. Why give up one form of slavery for another? We are a united people made America great by unification. We have stumbled along the way and most of the problems today are caused by NOT abiding by the Constitution and letting Big Government indoctrinate our children, taking over parent responsibilities of raising them. Our self-imposed division is crumbling the Republic. It will continue to decay until more American citizens realize that we are being invaded by people from Mexico, politicians in government are not practicing what they preach, and that there is a strong movement out to destroy rights and liberties of individuals, our national sovereignty, and our solidarity as individuals – not a collective number for big government. In reality, people are NOT equal. Some are wealthier than others. Some are more intelligent than others. But when it comes to rights and liberties we CAN be equal. As American citizens we can also be equal. WE have to adjust our attitudes and quit listening to the subversive element that promotes tyranny in the name of “fairness” – and especially denounce corporate media whose bias and information manipulation is providing a helping hand for those who would destroy individualism and trade it for collectivism; all the while viewing We the People as useful idiots. Trust only those that deserve your trust, and never trust anyone who says the US Constitution is “outdated” or needs to be ignored.
– Glenn Beck warned the Obama administration has until Monday, April 22nd to come clean about the Boston Marathon bombing, or he promises to expose what’s being hidden from the public. Here is the YouTube video:
It is now Tuesday, and this is what I found at The Blaze, follow-up with Beck’s announcement. Here are some of the “background points”:
- A Saudi national originally identified as a “person of interest” in the Boston Marathon bombing was set to be deported under section 212 3B – “Security and related grounds” – “Terrorist activities” after the bombing. …
- An ICE official said a different Saudi national is in custody, but is “in no way” connected to the bombings. …
- Key congressmen of the Committee on Homeland Security request a classified briefing with Napolitano. …
- Sources say the Saudi’s student visa specifically allows him to go to school in Findlay, Ohio, though appears to have an apartment in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Sources tells us this will most likely now be kicked from the DHS to DOJ and labeled an ongoing investigation that can no longer be discussed.
There are only two people that could revoke the deportation order — the director of the NTC could do it after speaking with each department, the FBI, the ATC, etc. — which is impossible to do in such a short period of time, — or, somebody at the very highest levels of the State Department could do it. We don’t have any evidence to tell you which one did it.
– In a testament against a standing federally controlled military, recent revelations that a survey was issued by Obama administration to determine if military personnel would fire upon their own citizens. Now, law enforcement are told to choose gun control or the constitution – abiding by their oath of office. Certain state governments are as bad as the Feds – or worse. [Illinois and New York]
It is why Founders feared a standing army other than for defense. The National Guard is NOT the militia, citizens are. We should adopt the Swiss system and quit sending our men and women to fight other people’s wars.