– Michael Bloomberg, NYC Mayor, has stated that there must be a new interpretation of the Constitution providing more power to “protect citizens” – an old ploy used by tyrants to void rights and liberties in the name of national security. He stated:
The people who are worried about privacy have a legitimate worry. But we live in a complex world where you’re going to have to have a level of security greater than you did back in the olden days, if you will. And our laws and our interpretation of the Constitution, I think, have to change.
One of the major reasons why the US is in so much trouble economically and other ways is because of the way people like Mayor Bloomberg “interpret” the Constitution.
Breitbart.com quoted Bloomberg:
The Supreme Court has recognized that you have to have different interpretations of the Second Amendment and what it applies to and reasonable gun laws. … It really says something bad about us that we have to do it. But our obligations first and foremost is to keep our kids safe in the schools; first and foremost, to keep you safe if you go to a sporting event; first and foremost is to keep you safe if you walk down the streets or go into our parks. We cannot let the terrorists put us in a situation where we can’t do those things. And the ways to do that is to provide what we think is an appropriate level of protection.
The Feds have an “appropriate level of power” and they have not used it and when they do they ignore it. They ignore laws already established, but want new laws. They want an open border and/or provide amnesty for those who break our rules and regulations of immigration as well as border security – encouraging more to come uninvited. Border Patrol personnel are in danger but the government does not give them the same rules of engagement that Mexican cartel members and other criminals have. And this clown wants us to agree that the Federal government must take MORE rights and liberties away for “our own good” – a false sense of security? Evidence indicates that 9/11 and the Boston Bombing could have been prevented if the authorities had performed their jobs without political correctness policies and the bureaucracy that big government has created – and this clown wants us to believe it would be better if government intruded even further. If Bloomberg is so concerned about our children, then put security and law enforcement officers in the schools and quit indoctrinating our children with anti-constitutional curriculum agenda bent to change our republic from a constitutional republic to a democratic-socialist nation. Benjamin Franklin nailed it on the head in 1775:
Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporal safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
– Certain circles within the national media tried unsuccessfully to pin the Boston Bombing upon the Tea Party movement and the NRA; especially MSNBC via Frank Smyth who proclaimed that gunpowder was used in the bombs and thus was the NRA fault because of their opposition in the 1990s to place microscopic “identification taggants” in gunpowder.
The same ranting came from Lawrence O’Donnell, socialist host of MSNBC program, Last Word.
Terrorism is not going to be defeated until our government finally admits that it is a tool for a dangerous theocracy called Islam; and that it is a religion that is intolerant towards other religions, but at the same demands tolerance. It is a religion whose doctrine dictates hate and violence to all other religions and commands that homosexuals and non-believers be put to death. Christianity is against homosexuality, but does not call for violence towards homosexuals, but instead evangelical doctrine demonstrating its unnatural basis and ungodly practice; yet, Christians are persecuted as radicals while Moslems infiltrate our society and pretty much do what they want in the name of the First Amendment. Others have blamed the NRA for violence in the US as well. O’Donnell stated that NRA aided bombers in getting away with their crimes.
– In 1996, federal law prohibited the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention from funding research that openly advocates gun control was passed for very good reason – to prevent the health services sector establish an anti-Second Amendment agenda as a means of circumventing and replacing outright anti-Second Amendment legislation and regulations. President Obama bypassed that and countered the law by calling on Congress for a committee to provide a mandate for the CDC to develop …
…a public health research agenda to improve knowledge of the causes of gun violence, the interventions that prevent gun violence, and strategies to minimize the public health burden of violence.
The gist of that goal, without countering the Second Amendment, had been already established by the NRA who promotes safety and responsibility in firearm ownership and use. President Obama and company pretend to adhere and respect the Constitution, but their actions do not match their promises and proclamations.
– Governor of Connecticut, Dannel Malloy was interviewed recently after the US Senate anti-Second Amendment bill failed by Melissa Block who read back to Malloy his slanderous words against gun manufacturers. The oldest firearm companies in America are in Connecticut, and will probably move operations to another state because of tyrants like Malloy in the state’s government; all in the name of “saving our children”. His slanderous statement:
The gun industry wants to sell as many guns to as many people as possible, even if they’re deranged, mentally ill or have a criminal background – they don’t care.
This is an old ploy to blame crime upon gun manufacturers, just as they do against the NRA and lawful citizens who exercise their Second Amendment rights.
– Eric Holder, a stout anti-Second Amendment advocate, recently declared on April 24th that the Obama administration and associates in Congress amnesty proposal concerns the civil rights of illegal immigrants. He and others totally ignore that the people he states has civil rights to amnesty are the same people who broke our laws in order to live and work in US – and abused the naturalization statute of those born in US are automatically citizens. This means that for decades Mexicans have used the fact that despite entering the US illegally, that broken law is countered because one or all of their children were born in the US. It has been suggested that the Constitution must have an amendment that prevents that abuse. Theoretically, the parents must be deported and the children remain, for example. This has become a generation of people who claim that criminals have more rights than their victims. They ignore that we do not have just an immigration problem, but we are being invaded by Mexico, whose people, indoctrinated by the corrupt Mexican government, believe they are merely taking back stolen real estate rightfully belonging to them.
To Holder and associates, people who come here uninvited have civil rights, but citizens do not have civil rights under the Second Amendment. The US Constitution is only relevant when those in our government says it is. Holder is also incorrect to think Mexico is our friend – they have proven time and again Mexico is NOT our friend.
General George Wingate and Colonel William C. Church founded the National Rifle Association because they had witnessed that troops possessed poor marksmanship. Its primary goal was to promote and encourage rifle shooting on a scientific basis in an editorial written by Colonel Church. The NRA was granted a charter by the state of New York and the NRA’s first president was General Ambrose Burnside, former Governor of Rhode Island and US Senator. The first major goal was to build a rifle range on Long Island on the Creed Farm. The gun range was opened in 1872 and named Creedmoor. It became the center of annual marksmanship competition matches. The range was forced to close down and move to Sea Girt, New Jersey in 1892 because of the leadership of New York State’s advocacy against it.
In 1903, NRA Secretary Albert S. Jones established rifle clubs at major colleges, universities, and military academies. There were no mass shooting incidents like what has happened in today’s society. Jones was instrumental in promoting shooting sports with American youth organizations, like Boy Scouts of America and The American Legion. As popularity of the firing range grew, it opened a new range at Camp Perry, Ohio where annual matches take place.
The NRA offered its ranges to the government during World War II, developed training materials, and the NRA members reloaded ammunition for those who were guarding war plants. The NRA collected over 7,000 firearms in 1940 to help arm British citizens to defend against Germany’s goal to occupy Great Britain [today the United Kingdom]. They did not have weapons because of British government gun control laws and the country had been disarmed by the time the Second World War broke out. Japan [and the Nazi] were reluctant to send an offensive beach assault in the United States because they knew that Americans were armed and ready to exercise their Second Amendment rights and defend the United States as citizen militia.
The NRA-ILA, NRA Institute for Legislative Action, was formed in 1975 to defend the Second Amendment from political assault. It is the lobbying arm of the NRA. The Institute has been instrumental in reforming many bogus gun laws and has actively played a huge role to pass pro-gun legislation at the state level. Without the NRA we would no longer have rights of the Second Amendment without a two-thirds majority required by the US Constitution to amend or rescind an article or amendment of the Constitution. The NRA sticks to its code and does what people pay for it to do through membership and donations. Please watch the following video of a speech by Chris Cox made in 2012 telling people we need to fire Obama and his associates that has commandeered Washington, the Federal government, and whose agenda is NOT for the good of the people. The video may be outdated, but the message is clear and unchanged. I especially like what Mr. Cox states about the mainstream, corporate media …
American citizens have the right not to like firearms and not to own or use them; however, they do not have the right to tell lawful citizens that they cannot exercise their rights to KEEP AND BEAR ARMS and remain vigilant as a constitutional citizen militia to protect those rights, liberties, property, and the lives of themselves, their family, and fellow citizens.
– And, finally, some humor from NewsBusted, starring Jodi Miller –
When your restricting citizens’ rights, make it a CNN night …