- Patriot Post asks Is Snowden a Patriot or a Traitor? … [also see: It’s the Profiling, Stupid!] … Snowden: I have done nothing wrong. – Patriot Post: That must be why he fled to Hong Kong – a rather ironic choice for a lover of “privacy, internet freedom and basic liberties” given that the city is a Special Administrative Region of Communist China.
- National Review Online, Mark Steyn: [quote from Politico] … Jeff Duncon (R-S.C.) toured a federal law enforcement facility in late May and noticed agents training with the semi-automatic weapons at a firing range. They identified themselves as IRS … When I left there, it’s been bugging me for weeks now, why IRS agents are training with a semi-automatic rifle AR-15, which has stand-off capability. Are Americans that much of a target that you need that kind of capability? I think Americans raise eyebrows when you tell them that IRS agents are training with a type of weapon that has stand-off capability. It’s not like they’re carrying a sidearm and they knock on someone’s door and say. ‘You’re evading your taxes.’ Of course, we all know that DHS lied and covered up the fact they ordered a billion rounds of ammunition and multitude of AR-16s (automatic). This is the same administration who told the American people that they do not need AR-15s (semi-automatic) and similar firearms. Let me clue them and anyone who parrots their BS – lawful citizens have the right to “keep and bear” the same firearms that government officials and law enforcement are allowed. Why do tax collectors need to be armed and trained? The IRS and income tax should have been dissolved decades ago and now this branch, the most feared and hated of big government, is arming and training itself for WHAT? A paranoid government is a tyrannical government – knowing full well that the People will only take so much abuse.
- Joe Biden is playing the fundraiser routine, four out of five days this past week. Election 2014 is 17 months away. Obama attended three fundraisers in the same period. Who is minding Washington? We already know what has priority with this executive branch – fundraisers over lives of diplomatic corps. Why are those two still in the White House? Why is Hillary Clinton not undergoing a trial for Benghazi? Why hasn’t the mainstream media been outraged at low-key transfer of $1.3 billion to Egypt, via John Kerry, when Egyptian leadership HATE America? Indeed, they lied when they promised reformation to democracy. Only Obama/Kerry and the like would believe that line.
- In Colorado, there are counties that want to secede from the state government, after passing unconstitutional and draconian laws against the Second and other amendments to the Constitution. The Christian Monitor stated that secession is unconstitutional. Well, it is not. It is just that the state would be divided as North and South Colorado, and not be part of the federal union of states – unless ratified by Congress in a two-thirds majority vote. Article 4 of the US Constitution reads: No new State shall be formed or erected within the jurisdiction of any other State, nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress. But if the People want secession and form a new state from a present state – they certainly can arrange it. The gist of this that bothers me is that so many states in the recent five years have talked about secession, which is a serious venture and demonstrates how citizens are fed up with big federal government and anti-constititionalists occupying state governments. How hypocritical of the Christian Science Monitor [and illogical] that it would state that seceding would be an unconstitutional act when it is the unconstitutional acts of their state government that is making them think of such a thing, and if enacted, such a major drastic move by desperate freedom loving citizens. Even our Founders said that the People have the right to rebel against tyranny, so why so surprised? As Christian Monitor quoted Douglas Rademacher, Weld County commissioner: Our vision and our morals are no longer represented by the state and the current administration, and we think it’s time we do take seriously what our options are. The counties considering this move are Weld, Morgan, Logan, Sedgwick, Phillips, Washington, Yuma, and Kit Carson. In land area it would have the smallest population.
- Reportedly a center IRS official, Holly Paz, has been fired and has disappeared, according to National Review Online. She is being replaced. The replacement will be the IRS Director of Rulings and Agreements in Washington, DC. Holly Paz was the top manager in Cincinnati when the targeting occurred … At this time it is not known whether she is on administrative leave, like her boss, Lois Lerner, or whether she has resigned as the acting commissioner. Reuters reported four hours ago that Steven Miller has received threats over this IRS exposed abuse of power. Joseph Grant also resigned over the exposed abuse.
- US Military Finally Destroyed, J.D. Longstreet …reports of sexual assaults coming out of the various divisions of the US military … What the heck did they expect??? … the so-called experts who insisted that adding women to combat units within the military and then – to really set the entire experiment up for failure – adding homosexuals openly serving in the military to the mix.
- Daily Beast …male-on-male sexual assault. …it’s an ugly secret, kept hidden by layers of personal shame and official denial. Last year nearly 50,000 male veterans screened positive for “military sexual trauma” at the Department of Veterans Affairs, up from just over 30,000 in 2003. …now as the Pentagon has begun to acknowledge the rampant problem of sexual violence for both genders, men are coming forward in unprecedented numbers …
Facts Not Fantasy …In recent times, two presidents, Clinton – a draft dodger – and Obama have had no military experience to draw upon. Over the objections of their generals, both introduced policies to include and protect homosexuals in the U.S. military services. Now the doors have been opened to permit women to fight beside men. The military is not a place where one conducts social experiments. It’s a place where men go in harm’s way to protect the nation. [or go off to wars they should not be involved in that Congress approves of and the Commander-in-Chief insists upon].
CNS News – Frank J. Gaffney, Jr. … The Obama administration’s announcement that it is going to put women in front-line ground combat positions is but the latest example of a deliberate and systematic wrecking operation it has conducted against the armed forces since 2009. … It is impossible as a practical matter to provide for separation of the sexes in frontline positions. …erodes the essential support for uniformed service that those loved ones provide. … The imposition of the radical homosexual agenda on an institution that has, until 2010, by culture as well as by law, prohibited openly gay individuals from serving in its ranks.
In my analysis of the situation, our military force would be best served by citizen militia and mercenaries rather than the path that the US Armed Forces is taking. Most went along with the Clinton mandate that enforced the policy called “Don’t ask, don’t tell” – but progressives never are satisfied. Now by what Obama passed, those who are not homosexuals are having their rights abused; as well as Christians not allowed to practice their religion [despite having a chaplain corps in the military], while being openly “gay” os okay. Is there anything the progressives do or say that is not contradictory or hypocritical?
In addition, the Founders did not support having a standing army because of the danger of tyrants using them as a force against the People. With all the technology, our military strategies, logistics, and requirements of personnel should match what is occurring in the 21st century. US foreign policy must change as well – no longer sending our troops, our navy, our air force and marines into harm’s way for other nation’s wars. The US military should only be used for defense and using offense only when America’s true interests are at stake or Americans are in danger in foreign places. Our military, and thus our national security and defense, has been compromised and, as always, it is We the People who pay the price in several ways.
- CNS News, Elizabeth Harrington: The IRS is looking to hire a “diversity and inclusion” specialist with a minimum salary of $123,758 a year. … The Diversity Specialist will “serve as a change agent to provide strategies, solutions, training, tools, resources and thought leadership on diversity and foster inclusion” across a workplace and “build internal awareness” for diversity and inclusion throughout the agency. … The job listing does not specify a minimum educational level … It does require “at least one year of specialized experience” and the successful applicant will have a “thorough knowledge” of the “circumstances associated with diversity and inclusive issues” … the IRS says, “Our comprehensive benefits are very generous … [of course, it is the taxpayer’s money].