The following has been circulating the email circuit and was posted at the website of Victoria Jackson.
- In 1865 a Democrat shot [John Wilkes Booth] and killed Abraham Lincoln, President of the United States. TRUE.
- In 1881 a left-wing radical Democrat shot James Garfield, President of the United States, who later died from the wound. FALSE. The person who shot Garfield was a member of the Republican Party and believed God told him to shoot Garfield to save his political party.
- In 1963 a radical democratic-socialist shot [Harvey Oswald] and killed John F. Kennedy, President of the United States. TRUE.
- In 1975 a left-wing radical Democrat fired shots at Gerald Ford, President of the United States. NOT ACCURATE – Unsubstantiated. [Ford was attacked by two would-be assassins, both female, and one of them a Charles Manson follower, the other person was Sara Jane Moore with no substantial evidence she was a Democrat found]
- In 1978, Harvey Milk, a homosexual San Francisco government supervisor and Mayor George Mascone was murdered over a political dispute with fellow Democrat Dan White. TRUE.
- In 1983 a registered Democrat shot [John Hinckley, Jr.] and wounded Ronald Reagan, President of the United States. FALSE. John Hinckley parents were Republicans; however members of the family called John the bad egg of the family. Could not find hard evidence that John was a registered Democrat.
- In 1984 James Huberty, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 22 people in a McDonald’s restaurant. UNSUBSTANTIATED.
- In 1986 Patrick Sherrill, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 15 people in an
Oklahoma post office. UNSUBSTANTIATED.
- In 1990 James Pough, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 10 people at a GMAC office. UNSUBSTANTIATED.
- In 1991 George Hennard, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 23 people in a Luby’s cafeteria. UNSUBSTANTIATED.
- In 1995 James Daniel Simpson, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 5 coworkers in a Texas laboratory. UNSUBSTANTIATED.
- In 1999 Larry Asbrook, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 8 people at a church service. UNSUBSTANTIATED.
- In 1999 Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, juveniles from Democrat families killed 12 at Columbine, Colorado. UNSUBSTANTIATED.
- In 2001 a left wing radical [Vladimir Arutyunian] Democrat fired shots at the White House in a failed attempt to kill George W. Bush, President of the US. FALSE.
- In 2003 Douglas Williams, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 7 people at a Lockheed Martin plant. UNSUBSTANTIATED.
- In 2007 a registered Democrat named Seung Hui Cho, shot and killed 32 people in Virginia Tech. FALSE.
- In 2010 a mentally ill registered Democrat named Jared Lee Loughner, shot Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and killed 6 others. FALSE. [registered independent]
- In 2011 a registered Democrat named James Holmes, went into a movie theater and shot and killed 12 people. UNSUBSTANTIATED.
- In 2012 Andrew Engeldinger, a disgruntled Democrat, shot and killed 7 people in Minneapolis. UNSUBSTANTIATED.
- In 2013 a registered Democrat named Adam Lanza, shot and killed 26 people in a school. UNSUBSTANTIATED.
- In 2013 a registered Democrat Christopher Dorner, California “Manifesto” killer supported Gun Control, Anti-NRA, and Obama policies. UNSUBSTANTIATED – part truth.
- In 2013 a registered Democrat, Aaron Alexis murdered 12 in the Washington Navy Yard. UNSUBSTANTIATED.
- In 2013 Paul Ciancia 23, a Democrat welfare recipient and one world government conspirator murdered a TSA agent, wounded two other TSA employees and a high school teacher at LAX, a gun free zone in a draconian gun law state. UNSUBSTANTIATED.
- In 2013, December: pro-Obama socialist, Karl Pierson, took his own life after shooting a female student while “hunting” for a disliked teacher/librarian. UNSUBSTANTIATED.
Analysis: Not enough documentation to verify that Democrats commit more mass murders than any other political group.