- Josh Tauberer wrote an article at GovTrack in the Site News section that provides a 2013 report card for all members of Congress. It is an invaluable source for voters this congressional election year, along with keeping tabs as to how congressional members from your state have performed their job in the US Congress. You can start at the exploring the report cards overview page to see how your members of Congress did in 2013. Congressional heroes for 2013 are Rep. Darrell Issa and Rep. Elijah Cummings with Rep. Barbara Lee being the most progressive liberal representative for 2013. Be a responsible voter and do your homework, our Republic needs you! Do your duty as a citizen and vote! In 2013 there were 20 government transparency bills.
In the News and Commentary:
Democrats, Republicans Failing to Live Up to Brands by Jonah Goldberg … The Iraq war was sold, at least at times, as a war that would find weapons of mass destruction, end quickly, pay for itself and usher in a new era of democracy for an Iraqi people who would be grateful for being liberated from a tyrant. Suffice it to say that the Bush administration didn’t check every one of those boxes. … Liberals have been pushing for some version of universal, single-payer health care for over a century. … Americans blame the parties for a lot, but a lot can be blamed on Americans. … In the aftermath of Iraq and Afghanistan, many Republicans are growing more skeptical about the national security state and foreign interventions. If Obamacare continues to unravel, it will be interesting to see if Democrats undergo a similar readjustment, and stop over-promising and under-delivering.
Miriam Carey, age 34, with an infant with her was involved in a Washington, DC car chase that ended with Miriam being shot to death. Reports are that one officer was injured in conjunction with the car chase. The woman was NOT armed and the infant seems to be okay.
Will Obama provide a press conference that will push for car control like he does when incidents occur with firearms?
And/or, will Senator Feinstein insist that the auto make and model used in this incident to be put on a vehicle ban list?
- OUR TAX DOLLARS [American Spectator]: The federal government, through the CIA intends to investigate the effects of human engineering on Earth’s environment …the study will be run by the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) and will take 21 months to complete. Edward Price: It’s natural that on a subject like climate change the Agency would work with scientists to better understand the phenomenon and its implications on national security.
This study by the federal “intelligence” committee was first proposed in 2008 – all during the Obama administration.
Meanwhile: Mexican invaders continue to pour over our borders and those who came to US uninvited [filling our jails and prisons from violent crimes] continues unabated, subversive Reconquista and Islamic subversive organizations [Muslim Brotherhood and Islamic training camps] continue to operate as well as increase of insertion of Mexican drug cartel operatives continue. What was that about national security? Climate change is a national security priority over “phenomenon” just described? So-called climate change is a theory, subversion activity is fact – at last count there are 35 Jihad-Islamic training camps in United States. The worst enemy in US is ourselves headed by the federal government ignoring true threats. Madness continues with those “serving” in the federal government in the forefront.
- The Newton Sandy Hook Foundation was set up to oversee donations received $11.4 million in donations for the families of 20 children and six adults killed in the mass shooting that rocked the nation and was a political tool to advance efforts against the Second Amendment. Twelve children’s families who survived the attack were also to receive a portion at the amount of $20,000 each with two teachers injured to split $150,000. Families of the 26 killed will receive $281,000. The funds were raised by United Way charity [United Nations affiliated]. To demonstrate how “foundations” work, the foundation board kept $3.7 million of the funds for a “long-term community fund” instead of dividing up the entire amount and closing the fund. According to AP, Kenneth Feinberg, who oversaw the compensation for victims of the September 11, 2001 attack, the theater shootings in Aurora, Colorado, and the Boston Marathon Bombing stated:
You really have to ask the foundation board why it decided not to distribute all the donated funds to the families.
Soon after closing arguments are finished, the jury in the Zimmerman trial will begin its deliberation. During the deliberation the main elements/questions of the trial must be considered based on evidence presented:
- Whose screams were heard on the 911 calls? At the beginning, the Martin family were unsure of whose voice was on the recording of cries for help, but later, after a meeting with the family as a collective, they changed that to stating that it was definitely Trayvon Martin. Friends of Zimmerman state that it was the voice of George Zimmerman. No voice print expert was ever produced during the trial to investigate by voice pattern who was crying for help, and the judge would not allow anything found on Martin’s cell phone that could be used for evidence of Martin’s possible intentions or his background of being violent or criminal activities.
- Who was on top when the shooting occurred? Neighbors saw the struggle in the darkness, but the question was who was the aggressor, the one on top of the other beating the person on the ground. Jonathan Good, who had the best view, stated he saw a person in dark clothing straddling someone in red or white clothing and was using his fists in a downward, pummeling motion on the person on the ground. Zimmerman’s injuries indicate that he was the one pummeled with fists.
[AP/Yahoo] – James Holmes in the Aurora, Colorado theater shooting trial pleads not guilty by reason of insanity. To me, accepting a plea of insanity is itself insane, making as much sense as charging a person who commits a violent act under a ‘hate crime’ law. One does not commit violence against another because they ‘like’ them. Degrees of homicide has been established because of varying circumstances of intent, as well as manslaughter for those who inadvertently because of careless actions cause the death of someone; but to plea insanity to escape death penalty or some leniency of the court is ridiculous.
Why should taxpayers fund the cost of keeping a person around for life in prison when a dog can be sentenced to death just for injury of a person by biting?
The prosecution in the George Zimmerman trial is reaching for straws as it hopes through school records and applications that he was a wannabe cop who became increasingly frustrated by incidents of crime in his gated community. The prosecution maintains that when Zimmerman saw Martin he profiled the teenager and followed him, which led to a confrontation and ended up with Martin being shot to death. The prosecution, after obtaining permission to obtain and submit school records of Zimmerman, also stated that part of the course curriculum included how to be a good witness.
Michelle Obama was interviewed/moderated by Cokie Roberts as former First Lady Laura Bush and Michelle Obama, the latter describing the White House as a really nice prison.
Yep, REAL nice. Wearing expensive clothing, a regular party goer, and whose favorite meal at the White House is Wagyu beef at $100 a pound. While traveling, she spends her time in hotels, like in Dublin at $4,000 per night and gets to take $100 million African getaways while her husband pretends to be a president. In the summer she spends time at Martha’s Vineyard, the presidential hangout in one of the “prison cells” there. Obviously, trying to smooth over her spontaneous remark, she went on to say how she valued her role as first lady, even describing as being “emancipating”, but restrictive in some ways.
Gee, wish I could be so “restrictive” – butlers, personnel assistants, flying in Chris Sommers to make a Chicago pizza, six-to-eight vacations per year, glitterati parties wearing $6,000 gowns, photographed by a Vogue photographer, handing out Academy Awards and entertaining Paul McCartney. Life must be miserable for her. There are some prison-like elements to it, Michelle said, but it’s a really nice prison.
Meanwhile, more people are on food stamp rationing in the history of the welfare program [Obama government is ran ads to get more people on food stamps, wasting more taxpayer dollars], employers are trying to figure out how they can afford Obamacare, and the US gets deeper in debt.
Cokie Roberts stated that Martha Washington, the first First Lady, also described living in the role as akin to being a state prisoner. I sure would like to know where she got that information, out of curiosity and the fact I do not trust Cooky Roberts.
JUST IN: related to a previous article about the George Zimmerman trial: CNN Broadcasts Zimmerman Social Security Number. Also, a report mentions about Spike Lee and Roseanne Barr tweeting Zimmerman’s address. I wonder how they would feel if someone did that to them.
Today I have a listing of general news and events …
The Obamacare System is Collapsing – Floyd Brown … it’s collapsing before it can be implemented. … It’s so complex and byzantine that the government is struggling to implement the law. … The full implementation of Obamacare is supposed to happen January 1, 2014. But how are the 45 million uninsured Americans supposed to sign up if there isn’t a place to sign up? … Health insurance rates are doubling, tripling and even quadrupling. [no source given] Aetna has announced that it’s pulling the plug on California. … Opponents of Obamacare don’t have much courage. If they did, Obamacare would already be gone. … The best plan of action is not to aid Obama and try to fix it piecemeal. Allow it to fail in full view so voters become committed to total repeal.
Supreme Court Ruling You Didn’t Hear About – Marty Biancuzzo: In Houston, Texas, a citizen was not read his Miranda rights and the court used the Fifth Amendment rights against him. The US Supreme Court ruled against the defendant, Mr. Salinas; who went to the police station voluntarily when officers asked to speak to him. The Supreme Court ruled that Salina’s silence could be used against him because of one key factor: When police ask potentially damaging questions, merely keeping your mouth shut is not the same as invoking your right to remain silent. According to the Supreme Court if you speak any words when being questioned, you lose your Fifth Amendment rights. Is it not despicable that the justices in our Supreme Court knows less than the common citizen? It is not that they do not know the Bill of Rights, they pick and choose what they want to pay attention to, like the other two branches of government.